Veneers KEARNY MESA, SAN DIEGO
Veneers are thin porcelain pieces designed to enhance the appearance of your teeth, concealing imperfections and restoring your smile’s beauty. If you reside in Kearny Mesa or the surrounding San Diego area and wish to explore the transformative benefits of veneers, reach out to Dr. Paulo Cortes and the professional team at Kearny Mesa Smile Center. Schedule an appointment online or give us a call to discover how veneers can enhance the aesthetics of your teeth.
When are Veneers Considered?
Veneers are increasingly sought after by individuals who wish to address both aesthetic and structural concerns with their teeth. Dr. Cortes considers veneers as a suitable option in the following situations:
- Smaller-than-normal teeth
- Abnormally shaped teeth
- Teeth that are chipped, cracked, or broken
- Small-to-medium-sized gaps or spaces between teeth
- Discoloration of teeth caused by smoking, drinking, tobacco use, or certain medications
By applying veneers to the front and back surfaces of the teeth, they provide an additional layer of protection against damage while delivering a natural-looking appearance. If you’re experiencing any of these concerns, consult with Dr. Paulo Cortes and the experienced team at Kearny Mesa Smile Center to explore how veneers can address your specific needs.
How are Veneers Applied to Your Teeth?
The application process of veneers involves several steps to ensure a secure and durable bond with your teeth. Dr. Cortes follows these steps to apply veneers:
- Preparation: Dr. Cortes gently removes a thin layer of enamel from the surface of your teeth using an abrasive material. This creates a textured surface that facilitates the bonding process.
- Bonding agent application: Once the teeth are prepared, Dr. Cortes applies a bonding agent to the surface. The bonding agent helps create a strong bond between the veneer and the tooth.
- Veneer placement: Dr. Cortes carefully positions the veneer onto the treated tooth. He ensures the veneer fits properly and aligns with your natural teeth.
- Curing: After the veneer is in place, it is allowed to cure for several minutes. Dr. Cortes may use a blue light to activate the bonding agent, which accelerates the curing process.
By following these steps, Dr. Cortes ensures that the veneers are securely bonded to your teeth, providing a natural and long-lasting result. If you are considering veneers, schedule an appointment with Dr. Paulo Cortes at Kearny Mesa Smile Center to discuss your options and achieve a beautiful smile.
Are Veneers Intended to be Permanent?
Veneers are designed to be a permanent solution for enhancing the appearance of your teeth. Once Dr. Cortes applies veneers and removes the enamel, it cannot be restored or regrown. Therefore, the tooth’s surface will always require some form of covering, such as another veneer, cap, or crown.
It is essential to consult with Dr. Cortes before deciding on veneers as a treatment option. Since veneers are intended to be permanent, any broken or chipped veneers should be replaced promptly to protect the underlying tooth from potential damage. Contact Kearny Mesa Smile Center to discuss veneers and explore the best options for your dental needs.